Born 1970 in Wettingen, Aargau, Switzerland.
Studies of photography at the Zurich University of the Arts as well as German Literature and Philosophy at Zurich University.
Living in Tokyo from 1997 to 2013, presently based in Switzerland.
His photographic work has been published in numerous international magazines and shown in exhibitions around the world.
Andreas was member of the photographers agency "Lookat Photos".
Has been working on a long-term photographic study about China's economic boom and the unbound forces that come with it since 2002.
- The Fotostiftung Schweiz (Schweizerische Stiftung für die Photographie), founded in 1971, is dedicated to the preservation, acquisition and presentation of photographic works. (...)
- Fotostiftung Schweiz, Sammlung online, ETH Zürich, e-pics
- Büro für Fotografiegeschichte Bern
- Documentation of Swiss Photography. From 1839 to today
- From Somewhere to Nowhere. China's Internal Migrants
- The Colors of Growth. China's Huai River
- Lars Müller Publishers
- Imagofilm Lugano, Villi Hermann