Born in Wettingen, Aargau, Switzerland.
Studies of Photography at the Zurich University of the Arts as well as German Literature and Philosophy at Zurich University.
Living in Tokyo from 1997 to 2013, presently based in Switzerland.
His photographic work has been published in numerous international magazines and shown in exhibitions around the world.
Andreas was member of the photographers agency "Lookat Photos".
Has been working on a long-term photographic study about China's economic boom and the unbound forces that come with it since 2002.
Peter Pfrunder, Director of the Swiss Foundation of Photography writes: "The strong impact of Andreas Seibert's images results not least from the fact that he pursues an aesthetic of his very own. Seibert's sense for special moods and his evident empathy with the people he met on his travels are important components of his lyrical documentary style."
- The Fotostiftung Schweiz (Schweizerische Stiftung für die Photographie), founded in 1971, is dedicated to the preservation, acquisition and presentation of photographic works. (...)
- Fotostiftung Schweiz, Sammlung online, ETH Zürich, e-pics
- Büro für Fotografiegeschichte Bern
- Documentation of Swiss Photography. From 1839 to today
- SIKART, Lexicon on art in Switzerland
- From Somewhere to Nowhere. China's Internal Migrants
- The Colors of Growth. China's Huai River
- Lars Mueller Publishers
- Imagofilm Lugano, Villi Hermann